Monday, April 4, 2011

Words of Comfort: Healing

In General Conference this past weekend, Elder Kent F. Richards talked about healing, and how we all need it from the Savior. Yes, sometimes we are healed by having our burdens taken from us. But often (as in my own life) healing comes through the gifts of strength, understanding, and patience in our suffering. Heavenly Father did not bring our Riley back, even though we wanted it more than anything. While the paramedics and doctors were working on him, we believed so strongly that he would be revived. But this was not Heavenly Father's will. Our lives were broken and our hearts were shattered. Never in my life have I been more in need of healing. It has already been a long road, and I know I am still on the path to complete healing, but the Savior has indeed been there, and I have received so much strength, from the very beginning. My testimony has been strengthened, and over time, I have been blessed with small pieces of understanding that have further strengthened my testimony and my trust in God. I have also been blessed with patience -- patience for the blessings which have been promised me. We will be with Riley again, and we will have the opportunity to raise him during the Millennium. But we need to be patient and live faithfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment