Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Words of Comfort: A Measure of His Power

When we pass into the spirit world we shall possess a measure of his power. Here, we are continually troubled with ills and ailments of various kinds. In the spirit world we are free from all this and enjoy life, glory, and intelligence; and we have the Father to speak to us, Jesus to speak to us, and angels to speak to us, and we shall enjoy the society of the just and the pure who are in the spirit world until the resurrection.

"Chapter 38: The Spirit World," Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young, (1997)

I love everything about this quote. My sweet Riley doesn't have to suffer through grief or pain or illness. He can bask in glory and intelligence. The Father, Jesus, and angels speak to him, and he is in the company of the other righteous spirits. I know my boy is in a wonderful place and that I don't need to worry about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment